Dog harnesses are important, as they are a good way to ensure that you have something sturdy to attach your dog’s leash to. They are better than collars because they tend to be more comfortable. There are many kinds of harnesses, and each kind has its uses and advantages. It is vital to know what the features of each harness are to allow you to make an informed choice when looking for a collar for your dog.
- The Step-In-Harness is one of the most common types of harness, and it is popular simply because it is so varied. The straps easily attach on the dog’s back, and the two loops around his leg ensure that the dog is comfortable. They are easy to use, easy to adjust, and very comfortable for your dog, and there are many sizes, shapes, and patterns used to create these simple harnesses.
- The Roman or Standard Harness is the harness most people have used in the past, but the style of these harnesses has been simplified to ensure that dog owners can easily use them. The harness goes over the head of the dog, loops around one leg, and easily buckled with a simple strap. This old classic is one of the best designs used to harness dogs around the world, and thanks to the simplified design you can easily harness your dog with little difficulty.
- Vest Harnesses are very popular among those who like to dress up their dog, and these are excellent for use thanks to the fact that they don’t put pressure on the neck of your dog. The ring is far away from your dog’s throat, and the harness is placed on your dog in the same way a vest is to harness your dog in style.
- All in One Harness and Leash sets are perfect for those who want both a harness and leash, and these sets make it easy to harness and leash your dog. They are easy to put on your dog and are very comfortable for him to wear. The leash attaches to the ring on the dog’s back, and they are perfect for anyone who likes to take their dog out for walks.
- The Easy-On Harness is designed to be as easy as possible to strap on your dog, and the Velcro or hook and loop fasteners make it easy to strap your dog in. Simply place the harness on your dog’s back, and use the fasteners to tighten the harness around your dog’s belly to ensure that he is comfortable in his harness. These are great to use on dog’s that are hard to harness or who refuse to stand still or step into a harness.
There are many unique harnesses for your dog, such as the shoulder collar that goes around your dog’s legs instead of his neck. The EzDog Harness has a shape that conforms to your dog’s features, and the Back Pack harness has a small pouch that allows you to place your dog’s poop bag inside his harness. For great pet shopping comparisons check out Pet Territory.com.
Dog owners often take the health of their pets very seriously. One growing trend in the dog food industry relates to this concern for the welfare of pets. Many owners are becoming increasingly worried about the ingredients pet manufacturers add to the foods they produce. Due to recent discoveries, many pet owners are now only purchasing grain free dog treats and food to keep their animals perfectly healthy.
Dog food manufactures have historically used production processes and ingredients that keep their costs to a minimum in order to generate larger profits each quarter. As a result of these business tactics though, a reduction in the quality of the products they produce often develops.
One of the most important ingredients in dog food are foodstuffs that contain protein. Dogs need protein to stay healthy and active. Products that contain large quantities of grain often lack protein, because the meats these products should contain are generally replaced by more affordable grains and vegetables. If you are searching for the best products you can buy for your dog, you should start reviewing the ingredients list on the packaging of the products you purchase to discern which foods contain large quantities of meats and which foods contain large quantities of grains.
Whether you would like to help your dog live a healthier lifestyle, or you would just like to avoid being ripped off by large manufacturing companies, you should certainly take a second look at grain free dog food items the next time you go shopping for your animal. By simply reviewing the ingredients contained in these products, you will be able to see the additional meat products manufacturers put in these products and you will not see the filler grains low cost manufacturers put in their products.The best examples of the grain free diet for dogs include the following Taste of the Wild, Blue Buffalo and Fromm.
Moreover it fits in using its nature of meat eating in canines. If one be considering transitioning to uncooked dinners you can discover a simple tip, which is certainly to quit considering it and get it done. It will probably be the very best decision the owner has ever produced inside the desire of puppy and they will always be extremely grateful.
Choosing the right dog dish for your canine friend is more than just picking a pretty color and rolling with it. Style can be a factor in your choice, but more has to be considered in terms of fit and longevity. Ever breed of dog is different, so being informed and coming to the best decision is key. If you keep your dog crated, make sure to get a food and water dish that will fit the crate.
As there is no magic list of the best food dishes for dogs across the board (due to the aforementioned every breed is different), this will be closer to a compilation of things to be considered and examples of each point.
The first step to picking the right food dish is deciding on the material. There are many types out there, but the classic war is between steel and ceramic. Steel dishes are undoubtedly sturdy. They’re great for dogs that tend to be a little rougher during their mealtime. Ceramic dishes aren’t as sturdy and unbreakable, but they come in so many different styles that some people prefer them over steel simply because of the variety.
- For steel, try the Harmony Brushed Stainless Steel No-Tip Double Diner.
- For ceramic try the Dogs Trust Dog Bowl by Fenella Smith.
The second step in choosing the right food dish is deciding to do raised or normal. As new information continues to surface, more and more vets are recommending raised feeders to place your dog dishes in. Normal dishes placed on the floor with the rims facing directly upward can cause digestive problems like Dog Bloat (twisting of the stomach) and Mega-Esophagus (food going into the esophagus). Raised feeders are also beneficial for senior canines and those who suffer from arthritis.
Try these raised dog feeders:
- Lola and Daisy Designs Curved Raised Dog Feeder
- Unleashed Life’s High Rise Dog Feeder
Possibly the most important factor in deciding the best food dish for your dog is how well it works for your dog. Some food dishes are so unique that they don’t exactly fit in a category, but they have some pretty great features.
Here are just a few:
- Company of Animals Interactive Feeder (great for making mealtime an adventure)
- Alessi Lula Dog Bowl (for keeping food fresh and safe from grazers)